III. Bid proposal format
- Proposal Statement
- Tournament Location
- Tournament Organising Committee (TOC)
- On-Field facilities
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Medical Services and Facilities
- Event Transportation
- Players pack
- Tournament Social Events
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Development/Outreach programme
- Tournament merchandise
- WFDF Facilities and Services
- Budget (Bid budget template 2011)
- Organization (association, club, team or individual) hosting the tournament
- The name of the tournament to be hosted
- The aims and objectives behind the bid to host the tournament (what about your site or Ultimate community will contribute to a successful event? What other comparable sporting events (Ultimate and other sports) have been held at your site?)
- Dates of the tournament
- Main contact address of the tournament.
- Site of the tournament fields and accommodation
- Map of the site
- Description of typical weather
- Distance from airports and seaports to tournament site
Tournament Organising Committee (TOC)
- Tournament Director - address details, qualifications and experience
- Management Staff - contact information, job descriptions, qualifications and experience (including Field Co-ordinator, Accommodations Director, Medical Director, Statistician, Public Relations, Media Co-ordinator, Business Manager, Sales Manager, etc.)
- Tournament Staff - numbers of staff for fields, medical, accommodation and food, media, etc. (Include a plan for volunteers - numbers required, recruitment)
- Facilities to be provided for staff and volunteers including accommodation, food and drink (especially at lunch times), apparel, etc.
Number of fields and location (include map) / Suggested # of Fields Needed
- WUGC – approximately 20 fields
- WUCC – approximately 30 fields
- WJUC – approximately 10-12 fields
- Regional Events – approximately 10-12 fields
- Description of quality, grass, slope, and surrounding areas
- Suitability for spectators
- Availability of water
- Lining of fields and cones
- Lighting available for night games
- Parking for players and spectators (Cost)
- Contingency plan should main fields become unavailable.
Opening Game/Opening Ceremony and Final Game/Closing Ceremony facilities (if different than above)
- Stadium location
- Description of location, field quality, spectator facilities, media facilities, sales opportunities.
- Number of fields and location (include map) / Suggested # of Fields Needed
- Players centre - in case of rain or sun
- Public information centre
- Sales and concessions
- Toilets and changing rooms including shower facilities
- Food and drink available on the fields
- Sound system and radio system for staff
- Video towers or other filming facilities
- Scorekeepers and timekeepers
- Results service
- Display facilities for playing schedules and results
- How will you ensure security for players and their possessions on the fields and at their accommodation?
Accommodation and Food Services
- Range of accommodation available for players, staff and guests, including room size, number of beds per room, bathroom facilities, catering facilities.
- Camping options
- Proximity to fields
- Food options available for players and guests
- Proximity of other accommodation and food facilities if players do not take up your options.
- Allocation of meal tickets, player accommodation options etc. (Use ID card?)
Medical Services and Facilities
- Medical services, facilities, and equipment available to players at the tournament site, including doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, para-medics, masseurs etc.
- Hospitals, medical facilities, and ambulance service – proximity to fields, accommodation, or surrounding areas
- Emergency response plan
- Medical and third party insurance provided by the TOC.
- TOC collects signed waivers from participants – required by all players before competing. On-line registration is strongly preferred.
- Arrangements to transport players from accommodation to fields
- Transportation details for any special events during the tournament.
- Trophies for teams (past events supplied trophies that reflected their city or country or were created by artists from the local Ultimate community)
- Medals (provided by WFDF) for all players in top three teams of each division.
- What will the TOC provide? Discs, shirts, bags, WFDF Rule books, etc.
- Identification Cards for players, staff and spectators. (How will these be used – access to meals, accommodation, transportation, and/or special events? Or just for registration purposes?)
Tournament Social Events
- Opening ceremony
- Trading night
- Parties (options for junior players if necessary – based on access to alcohol and local alcohol laws)
- Events, discos, films, etc.
- Closing ceremony
- Are there any local difficulties in partying all night?
Public Relations and Marketing
- Media Plan - TV, Radio, Print, Internet
- Tournament newsletter
- Sponsorship, including companies approached and estimate of financial or product contribution (include letters confirming this)
- Showcase facilities for the Tournament including national flags, grandstand seating, corporate hospitality
- Facilities for spectators and guests
- Plans to work with community and/or local schools – teach Ultimate, promote event, encourage spectators, etc.
- Design of tournament Logo (must include WFDF logo on all products) (Logo likely not designed/finalized at bid stage)
- Plans for retailing merchandise
- Opportunities for other countries/teams to sell merchandise
WFDF Facilities and Services
- Rooms and facilities available for WFDF Congress and Forum (costs paid by WFDF)
- Phone line available for Internet access
- Conference call telephone facilities available for WFDF officers
- Should reflect all aspects of your bid.
- Should be divided into income and expenditure.
- Include a range of accommodation options. (Including player costs if a player chooses not to take up your choice of accommodation options.)
- Important! The WFDF fee for sanctioning any bid is US$30 per player. This is non-negotiable. (Update with new amounts, amounts for Juniors, Guts Players, etc…)
- Example budget headings that might be included in a tournament bid:
- Team fees
- Players fees
- Ticket Sales
- Administration Fees
- Bank Fees
- Office Equipment
- Pre-Event Meeting Costs
- Organizer/Staff Salaries (Honorarium)
- Development Program
- WFDF Player Fees
- Opening/Closing Ceremonies
- Beer Gardens
- Trading Night
- Web Site
- Cell Phone Rental
- Field Rentals
- Waste Management (Port-O-Potties, Garbage, Disposal)
- Water Services
- Power Supply
- Golf Carts
- Player Manual
- Volunteer Manual
- Tournament Newsletter
- ID Cards
- Media Relations
- Video Services
- Food (on-field)
- Volunteer Packages
- Scorekeeper Packages
- Pre-Event Meetings, Education
- Players Packages
- Trophies (Champions, Spirit, Other)
- Game Discs
- Game Stat System
- Grandstand seating
- Video towers
- Sound system
- Radio system
- ID cards
- Players discs
- Flags and poles
- Tournament newspaper
- Advertising and banners
- Design and artwork
- Players accommodation options
- Social events
- Players food options
- Development programme
- WFDF Player Fees
- Medical expenses
- Groundstaff for field maintenance
- Electricity supplies
- Administration, web-site, phone bill etc.
- Players shirts
- Staff accommodation, staff shirts etc
- Scoreboards and other field equipment
- Marquees (tents)