Improving SpiritHere are some ways you can improve spirit of the game in your team:
- Read the rules.
- Write a rules quiz and test your teammates with it.
- Realise that there are always two perspectives to every situation, and everyone’s judgement is clouded somewhat by the outcomes they desire.
- When making calls, encourage your teammates to be loud and clear.
- Never swear or use personal attacks.
- Adopt a team code of conduct that outlines expected behaviour and penalties.
- Discipline any teammate who breaks the spirit.
- Introduce yourself to your opponents before the game or on the sideline.
- Use the BE CALM Strategy.